Canada Day is celebrated every year on July 1st and whether your aged care center is in Canada or not you can still enjoy this fun game of Canada trivia.
Click the link at the bottom of the page for the A4 printable version.
1. What is the name of the world famous sweetener made in Canada?
2. The Pitcher plant, found in the marshlands of Canada is
carnivorous. True or False?
3. Can you name Canada’s smallest province?
Prince Edward Island
4. Canada has one landlocked province, can you name it?
5. Canada newest territory is…
6. What is the name of the Canadian National Park which was the first to be accepted as a World Heritage site in 1979?
The Nahanni National Park
7. What is the oldest walled city in North America?
Quebec City is the only city that has maintained its fortification walls, which were first built in 1695
8. Canada got its name from the Iroquois word ‘Kanata’. What does it mean?
9. Which famous Canadian songwriter sings ‘Heart of Gold?’
10. Ann Murray, a famous Canadian singer had many hits in her career, can you name any of her most famous songs? You Needed Me – Could I have This Dance – Save the Last Dance For Me – Snow Bird – Just Another Woman in Love
11. Who discovered Newfoundland hundreds of years before Columbus?
12. Can you name two provinces of Canada?
Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, etc
13. Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world combined.
14. The national animal of Canada is the moose
False – It is the beaver.
15. The east coast of Canada was settled by Vikings around 1,000 A.D.
16. Canada is the largest country in the world by surface area
False – Canada is the second-largest country after Russia.
More Activities you will enjoy:
Here is a fun and easy idea for your Australia Day celebrations in aged care! Throwing the rubber thong competition is an Aussie tradition …