Seniors in care will love this fun and easy craft activity to celebrate Thanksgiving Day.
Enjoy it as a group and follow the steps below, print out the flag templates we have provided and make a white flag for each participant to write a special Thanksgiving message on.
- Colored and Patterned Paper in Autumn colors
- White Paper
- Thick Cardboard
- Thick string or thin ribbon
- Adhesive glue stick or brush
- Download and print the flags we have provided; then make templates using thick cardboard.
- Give everyone in the group a cardboard flag template and some of the colored patterned paper to trace the flags.
- Cut out the flags with scissors.
- Place the ribbon on the wide part of the flags and fold over a quarter inch securing it on the other side by brushing a little glue or using stick adhesive.
- Make a white flag for each participant to write Thanksgiving messages on.
- Wait to dry and decorate the room with the banners.