This trivia quiz on World War 1 is an ideal activity to host with seniors in aged care.
1. Which man’s first name was a slang word for a British soldier?
2. Who was the man with the donkey and what was his job in the army?
(A) Private John Simpson Kirkpatrick a stretcher bearer
3. World War 1 was triggered by the assassination of which Archduke of Austria?
(A) Franz Ferdinand
4. In which European city was he assassinated?
5. A German fighter pilot named Manfred von Richthofen was better known as the?
(A) Red Baron
6. There was a temporary truce on what day in 1914?
(A) Christmas Day
7. What were American soldiers called during WW1?
8. The Gallipoli Campaign was also known as what other name?
(A) The Dardanelles Campaign
9. Who was Australia’s Prime Minister from 1915 – 1923?
(A) Billy Hughes
10. Which female Dutch stage performer & exotic dancer was executed as a German spy during World War 1?
(A) Mata Hari
11. In May 1915, the sinking of which ship (with the death of 128 US citizens) helped shift public opinion in America against the Germany?
(A) RMS Lustania
12. What was ‘Little Willie’?
(A) The first prototype tank of the First World War
13. Which German defensive position was built in 1916 – 1917 on the Western Front, from Arras to Laffaux?
(A) The Hindenburg Line
14. Which letter of the alphabet goes before the word ship to describe a heavily armed merchant ship with hidden weapons designed to lure German submarines into making surface attacks?
(A) Q – ship
Recommended for you:
Movie Quiz for Seniors
Famous Lines from Movies Quiz
Retro TV Trivia Quiz