This is a popular game in assisted living it can be bowled (Bob’s Bowls) or the same DIY score box can be used for putting golf balls into the holes.
If you have a handy husband or partner they may be able to make you are score box out of plywood otherwise it can be made out of cardboard boxes.
Below are some examples of a Golf and Bowling Scoring box you can copy for your own game.
You will need:
- Balls – small balls like golf or tennis balls that will fit into the goal holes. (minimum 6)
- Whiteboard – to write down scores
- Goal – Like the ones shown below. Can be made from a cardboard box or wood.
- Lightweight Putting clubs (for the golf version)
How to Play Bowls or Golf Game:
- Place the score box close to a wide wall so if the ball goes astray the wall will stop the balls rolling too far.
- Seat all players on chairs on either side of the score box in a line.
- Place a masking tape line on the floor up to 3 meters from the scoring box, this will be the line of where to bowl or putt from.
- The game can be played in two teams or as individual scorers. The highest scorer of the day is the winner.
- This game can also be played in a seated position, have a chair available at the line.
- Each player putts or bowls the balls towards the goal.
- The aim of the game is to get the balls into the highest numbers on the scoring box this will increase the overall score for the player.
- Have a few rounds if time permits and add all the scores together.
- Give a prize for the top scoring bowler or golfer and the runner up on the day.