This is a really fun exercise activity for seniors to play in aged care, it’s a game that gives the players a great amount of physical stimulation and the excitement can build into a very competitive atmosphere.
- Chairs for seated players (minimum 12)
- Goal net or extra chair or walker for the Goal
- Pool Noodles cut in half (minimum 6)
- One medium-sized rubber ball, slightly smaller than a soccer ball
Some suggestions to buy direct from Amazon:
How to Play:
- This is a team game so first, select two teams with at least six players on each side.
- Seat the two teams facing each other in a line with at least 1 meter or more between the facing teams.
- Set up a goal at each end of the line, you can use a goal net or a chair, or even a resident’s walker.
- All players have a pool noodle cut in half.
- The aim of the game is to hit the ball with your pool noodle through the goal post for your team. Each team hits the opposite end to the other.
- Set a timer for each game e.g. 5 to 10 minutes and the team who has the most points in that time wins that game.
- Have an umpire throw the ball to the middle of the row of players at the start of the game or each time it goes out or a score is made.
- Serve refreshments to keep everyone hydrated.