Whether you are in Australia or another country in the world you can enjoy this quiz on Australia Day every year on January 26th.
Let’s get our Seniors all involved in this fun Australia Day Quiz. Quizzes like this are great to keep minds active and involved in verbal communication with the rest of the community.
Find the A4 Printable version at the bottom of this page.
1. What is Sir Donald Bradmans batting average? (a) 99.94
2. Which Australian band sang Morningtown ride? (a) The Seekers
3. How many ships where in the First Fleet? (a) 11
4. Where was Ned Kelly’s last stand? (a) Glenrowan Victoria
5. In what year was the decimal currency introduced?
6. What was the womans name who appeared on Playschool for the longest time? (a) Benita
7. Who was the Australian actor who starred in The Man from Snowy River and Pharlap? (a) Tom Burlinson
8. What movie uses the phrase “Tell him he’s dreaming” (a) The Castle
9. Which Australian actor played Crocodile Dundee? (a) Paul Hogan
10. What is South Australias largest Island? (a) Kangaroo Island
11. What popular outback town holds a horse racing cup meeting and the population goes from 120 to over 5,000 people? (a) Birdsville
12. What is the name of the virus that was released into the rabbit population? (a) Calicivirus
13. What was the Aboriginal man Albert Namatjira famous for? (a) Landscape painting
14. What is the main colour of the Aussie flag? (a) Blue
15. Aussie slang, if you are doing a U-EE in your car what are you doing? (a) Turning around
16. What are Salties and Freshies? (a) Crocodiles
17. If you are having a Pot, Schooner, Midi or a Pony what are you having? (a) Drinking beer
18. If the Rellies have lobbed, what does this mean? (a) The family have arrived at your place for a visit
19. A Bundy and coke is? (a) A Bunderberg Rum and Coke a Cola drink
20. Where would you find the Dog on the Tuckerbox? (a) Snake Gully near Gundagai
21. Who wrote Waltzing Matilda? (a) Banjo Patterson
22. Who was the first female jockey to win the Melbourne Cup? (a) Michelle Payne
23. If you ask for a Bikkie what are you asking for? (a) A biscuit
24. If you ask for a Sanger what are you asking for? (a) A sandwich
25. If you are going to a Bottle-O were are you going? (a) The bottle shop
26. What is a ute? (a) A car with a flatbed back
27. Kangaroo’s and Emus cannot what? (a) Walk backwards
28. What was the Australian Anthem before 1984? (a) God Save the Queen or King
29. The Goon Bag is an Australian invention, what is it? (a) The wine cask
30. What is Ayers Rock called now? (a) Uluru